Friday, July 3, 2009

Spiral - Phoenix Wright the Anime?

I just happened to be looking through the lists of anime on anime-planet.com when I happened to run into this one. The thing that caught my attention was the mystery label for the anime since I get a kick out of mystery/horror/suspsense shows.

So far the anime plays out like a Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney case but minus the court trial in each episode. This is incredibly amusing for me because I love seeing people making "Figure Shit Out" checks (see Unforgotten Realms =P) to solve cases. I wonder if their are other games or anime series similiar to Spiral or Phoenix Wright. It's somewhat disheartening when a game you like comes to an end and there are no sequals out which you haven't played.

Encase your wondering, the basic plot of the show is something like this (No spoilers beyond first episode)
  • Crimes (I.E. Murder) are being commited, and from episode to episode they are linked with each other.

  • The link of these crimes is something called "The Blade Children" which the main cast works to figure out

  • The main character is a high school student who has a sister who works as an investigator. He is incredibly bright yet somewhat brooding and dark, he is able to outperform her sister at her own job.

  • Each episode (atleast so far, I've finished episode 3) starts with a murder happening, the main cast ends up investigating said crime, and then they find the perpetrator. There are also subplot things which happen like scenes where characters like the MC's sister who become incredibly frusterated trying to find more out about "The Blade Children" and the main character's natural talent for piano which his older brother also had.
It's easier to just say that if you like Pheonix Wright: Ace Attorney you'll probobly like this because it's very similar to the investigation stages in the Ace Attorney series.

2 comments:

Neitz said...

If I am not mistaken, there is a more comedical version of a show like this called "Case Closed". I have never seen it, so if you do watch it please write a review. Thank you.

P.S. There is a pheonix wright manga. Look it up

Darkskeleton said...

Thanks I'll be sure to add that one to my list of anime to watch. I'll also look into that manga.

Post a Comment