Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Toradora and Osu!... What's the connection?

I recently started watching another comedy/romance slice of life high school comedy anime that goes by the name of Toradora. So far it's pretty interesting since the characters seem to have a lot of.... hmmm Spice might be one way to say it. In any case it's pretty hard to forget the characters personalities. If you've watched the anime i'm sure you know the intro and ending songs.

When I heard these watching the anime I was thinking to myself "Where have I heard those before?" Well two places actually, the first is a site that offers downloads for just about all anime music you can imagine.

You might of heard of it, it's http://gendou.com/. Extremely spectacular site in my opinion.

The second is a game called Osu!. Osu is based off of a DS game called Elite Beat Agents and is very similar to DDR in the fact that it is a rythmn game which you move to song. In this case you use your mouse though instead of a pad for your feet. Now wheres the connection I mentioned in the title, well I realized after hearing the intro/conclusion songs that I've played these before in Osu! These songs are ones that I enjoyed enough to play several times I might add. So in honor of bumping into the anime in which they were from I recorded a playthrough of them in Osu!

For the record, the songs are as follows
  • Opening: Pre-parade by Rie Kugimiya
  • Ending: Vanilla Salt by Yui Horie
Pre-parade Video


Vanilla Salt Video


Here's a link to my combined Osu! Video Collection encase your interested: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=F05175EF0E265CB9

And my Osu! Profile: http://osu.ppy.sh/p/profile&u=85241

Lastly the home page of the Osu! Website (It's Free!): http://osu.ppy.sh/

4 comments:

Neitz said...

in case*
better to put in the case that, concidering incase is conciderd slang. you can delete this comment

Neitz said...

a;sp its a pad for your feet* not feat

Darkskeleton said...

Hmmm good point

Darkskeleton said...

Good point, fixed.

Post a Comment